Wednesday, December 27, 2006
"Our" new car
My van is in desperate need of some TLC from a mechanic and Kip decided that it was time to get a different vehicle b/c he says the van is too big for us now anyway. So, we went out looking on Dec.16th before I went to work. We took a few vehicles for a test drive. I tried a couple of Montana's and even though they were vans, they didn't have much cargo space so they were ruled out rather quickly...and Kip doesn't want another van. We also tried a 2003 Sunfire and a 2000 Alero. Although I liked the look and handling of the Sunfire...it won't seat 5 passengers comfortably for a 14hr ride home to Saskatchewan. We took the Alero home for a couple of days and drove it out to Winfield to see how it handled on the highway. Kip decided that was the car we were getting although it wasn't my first choice. I think my biggest problem was going from a van to a small car....lol. Anyway, he drove the Alero for a few days and then decided that he wanted to drive his little "purple rocket" again (2000 Cirrus). So, now I have the "new" car and I am getting used to driving it. I handles really good in the snow so that is a bonus. It takes longer than I would like to adjust the power seating (I only have to adjust back and forth when I am using it but if Kip drives it then I have to adjust the height as well). I will miss my 6-disc changer but it has a single CD player so at least I still have my tunes. This is a pic although it really needs a wash....I call her "Rusty" but Kip doesn't like that....lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment