Wow....March 1st already. January and February sure did fly by fast! Spring is just around the corner although I don't mind a little visit from winter still. We got a little bit of snow last night and are supposed to get some more today. Right now the sun is shining so I love it! I just might pop outside for a bit and enjoy it...okay...long enough to get into the car and drive to the store...lol. It has been quite chilly the last few days even though we have seen more sun. I have even had to scrape the windows in the car before work in the morning....haven't had to do that for a few weeks.
Anyway, welcome March!
The biggest thing right now is that I have worked at SDM downtown for almost a year! Man, that went fast! March 17th, 2006 was my very first day and I really do enjoy it....much different than the old store I worked at and I hope to be there for a long time yet. Baring any unforseen lotto wins, DH deciding to move again, etc ;) I was nervous about taking the step up into management but I think I am holding my own very well. I have gotten a raise and I am still there....knocking on wood....lol.
March 18th, 1989. Great day! Which means that my baby Courtney will be 18 this year...OMG! She's all grown up. Well, when she graduates in June I *might* actually believe that she is all grown up and let her be a grown up. I have missed her so much the last few years that she has been away for school. I can't wait to have her here in Kelowna with me so we can talk everyday and be best friends again. The boys are excited about it too!
March 17th, 1993. St Patricks's Day. Kip and I had our very first date....he took me to the bar for green beer...lol. There wasn't much else to do in Assiniboia so that was just fine...and gave me an easy out if the date wasn't going well. Obviously it went well because we are still together.
March 28, 1997. The BIG DAY!! It will be our 10th wedding anniversary this month...WOW! It doesn't seem like that long ago we were planning our lives together and trying to imagine where we would be in 10 years...it seemed like such a long time in the future. A lot of stuff has happened in those 10 years....2 more kids, lots of moves to different houses, cities, etc....lots of highs and lows but always love. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years will bring....hopefully health and tons more love....maybe even grandkids...lol.
I will upload some pics and layouts later this month....chow :)
1 comment:
Wow, this IS a big month for you! Congrats! Wish we had a chance to get together sometime... it's been AGES since I've seen you!!
Post a Comment