First snowfall of the season Nov 18/10
I was raised in Saskatchewan and I LOVE snow! (Disclaimer: I love LOOKING at snow, snow falling, etc...NOT actually being OUTSIDE in it for long periods of time...lol)Living in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia presents a challenge when it comes to a Winter Wonderland...lol. And, just to prove how absolutely insane I am....I would move back to SK in a hearbeat! Give me tons of snow, -40 cold and all that comes with it. I miss the crunch of the snow under my boots, the whore frost on the trees, the beauty of sundogs, the crisp and CLEAN smell of snow in the air, huge glistening flakes, SNOW DAYS, and SUNSHINE!!
The first year we lived here (moved in mid Dec 2002) there was absolutely NO SNOW until Boxing Day.....I was ready to move back to SK after a month here...lol. Everything is dull, grey, damp and just plain blah :( Sure, I could hop in the car and drive an hour to a ski hill to see sunshine but that would take us back to the above noted disclaimer....and a small fortune for the mandatory winter tires to get up there. NEVER had winter tires in SK....all seasons were just fine! I put winter tires on my van the second year we were here....didn't notice a big difference around town as I'm not a retarded winter driver hence neither one of my cars since then have had winter tires....just all seasons. We'll see how the Goodyear M&S tires do on the Charger this year.
So, hate me if you will but I want snow, lots of it! I do live in Canada after all ;)
1 comment:
Love the first snowfall of the season! That feeling wears off pretty quick though!! Great story Wanita!!!
Post a Comment