Saturday, November 27, 2010

A New Layout!



I have to say that I think this layout is hands down...my absolute favorite this year! (and let me tell you...I've made some really good ones! LOL)

A friend of mine, Tara Liddicoat, recently took her photography hobby to amateur status and was looking for people to take pictures of. It's been a while since we had family pics done so I jumped at the chance! I also booked engagement photos for Courtney and John for the same day. We had quite the time between the cold weather and some technical issues which forced some retakes but in the end the photos are FABULOUS!!!

The photo on the layout is actually a 4x6 collage photo. I was playing around on the computer to see what I could come up with for photo Christmas cards and also as a way to send family some standard sized photos but with a mixture of the poses. I need them to be economical for shipping purposes as well as the sheer number of family that I am sending pics too!

The layout actually came about as part of a one hour sketch challenge on the Sisterhood of Scrap message board. Helen posts a one hour sketch challenge every month and I rarely get mine finished in an hour but that doesn't really matter to me...every layout finished is another memory recorded ;) I absolutely loved the sketch and the sample layout Helen provided and totally CASEd her LO! It was the perfect opportunity to use a PaperTrunk Kraft paper kit that I have been hoarding for a year and it was also just the PERFECT sketch for the new family pics! I will be heading to Michael's this week to pick up a shadow box frame to hang it on my wall. It also gave me a great idea for a Christmas gift for someone special :)

No comments: