Friday, August 26, 2011

Back to Work + Back to School = Back to Reality

First things first. After 5 long months, I will be going back to work on Monday...FINALLY! Part of me is excited to have adult conversation everyday (my spouse isn't very talkative) but part of me is terrified about all of the changes that have happened (and NOT happened) at work while I was away. Case in point: I found out Tuesday that I would be going back this Monday and by Wednesday afternoon my work schedule had changed TWICE!! Really? Sigh. I also discovered that I enjoyed being home with the boys (for the most part...could do without the teen/pre-teen fighting) and would jump at the chance to work less and stay home more. Hopefully (crossing fingers and toes) there may be an opportunity for this to happen in the new year which again will depend on the changes made at work. We'll see.

And of course the winding down of summer and BACK TO SCHOOL!! (insert a choir of angels singing here). Yes, I know I just stated that I enjoyed being home with the boys....but not ALL day, every day. Eric is going into Grade 7 and Patrick into Grade 9 so they will both be in the same school this year after two years apart. I'm not sure how that will go yet but I'm sure it will work out just fine...right? I mean they are brothers after all and they'll watch out for each other and not just fight each other...right? Ugh...boys are so much work and worry.

The best thing about back to work and back to school? Back to normal routines and schedules! I can finally plan some me time...and of course "me time" means.....SCRAPBOOKING!! Yay! My shoulder is still a bit of an issue and will take some time to get things back to normal (especially with the movements from work) but I am focused on getting everything in my life back to normal. I'm just not "me" right now so that's a priority. Sisterhood of Scrap is having a DT call so I think I will give it a shot and get back into the game so to speak. I have so many things to catch up on....especially pics of our sweet little Granddaughter, Ava :) I have a new Cricut Expression machine on it's way to me right now so I can't wait to start that baby up and get creative :)

I'll be back in a few days to share!

No comments: