Patrick is in Grade 9 so this will be his last year at SMS (Spring Valley Middle School). Not quite sure how I feel about that yet. Probably won't hit me until the end of the year and the thought of High School kicks in. Cringe.
Eric is in Grade 7 so this is his first year at SMS. He doesn't seem worried about a new school at all....just what classes he will have with his friends. I don't know if it has something to do with having an older brother at the school because he is normally quite shy. I get all weird about it because my baby is in Grade 7. Wasn't he just in Kindergarten last year? Sniff.
Over the summer, Eric has really expanded his food tastes. He does not like to have anything on his plate touching and he doesn't like multiple ingredient dishes. It all started at Subway. He slowly graduated from a pizza sub on regular Italian bread to flatbread and most recently....Italian Herb & Cheese bread. Granted, it wasn't really HIS choice...mostly screw ups on ordering or they were out of one kind of bread. But his tastes are evolving none the less. He also now loves scrambled eggs. I have always had to make him basted or boiled eggs in the past but he was SOL one day and I refused to cater to him so it was scrambled eggs or nothing. I know...I am such a mean Mom...and yet I still manage to live with myself ;) Last week, I showed him how to make scrambled eggs himself. This morning he decided that instead of me making the eggs that he wanted to. So, he made scrambled eggs for himself and Patrick and was totally pleased with himself. So was I :) Patrick thought they were "alright".
Well, gotta go....boys just walked in the door :)
No comments:
Post a Comment