Sunday, September 18, 2011

And the mojo is back :)

I have finally managed to complete a layout! My first one in months! Yay for me :) I used the sketch provided for the One Hour Fast Scrap Challenge at Sisterhood of Scrap. The universe was conspiring against me (internet/computer issues) so I wasn't able get it started until it was too late for the challenge BUT that didn't stop me from creating ;) I gave myself the same time limits provided in the challenge and cranked out a great layout if I do say so myself ;) Eric likes the layout but thinks I should have used a recent photo....not one that is 4 years old. That is a sad indication on how far behind I am in scrapping their football photos. I have 6 years of tackle to work on and seven years of flag. All in good time, I say...lol. I will be focusing on football pics next month...you'll have to wait and see why ;)



It has been a while since SOS hosted an online crop for the members and the new DT decided that since it is the start of the NFL football season, that football would be a great theme. Yes, I know those of us who love the CFL have been watching football games for months now...lol. (GO RIDERS!!) We have already had a couple of pre-season "games" and of course the One Hour Fast Scrap Challenge last night but the real fun is happening on the gridiron this weekend! Join us Sept 23-25 for our online football themed crop! Don't worry if you aren't into football b/c you can still play along using whatever photos and supplies you have. Great fun in store for everyone! I have to work Friday nite and Saturday morning but you bet your pompoms I'll be there as much as I can :)

I also completed a second layout last night. Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine has a new contest called "It's a Sketchy Challenge". The September challenge is to use the sketch along with at least ONE Canadian manufacturer on your layout and submit it for the online gallery. You may even be chosen for publication in the magazine...how cool is that?! A friend of mine recently started an online kit club called Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits and she featured a Canadian manufacturer (Lucky 7 Factory) in her August kit! I was mulling over whether or not I should do the sketch challenge and then it was also posted on SOS as the Sunday Sketch Challenge. I guess it was just meant to be...lol. I used a recent photo of Patrick and he absolutely loves the layout...especially the journaling. He's hoping it gets published! How many 14 year old boys want a scrapbook page of them published in a magazine, right? LOL



Anyways, time to go and get creative while my mojo lasts!
Chow :)

No comments: