Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'm Back

So, I used to have my blog on blogspot.com but I changed it to MSNspaces an now I am back. Yes, I do have issues making up my mind...lol.

Anyway, it has been a very busy summer thus far. We had a housefull of company at the begining of July so I decided to treat myself to a week off work. Can you believe that!? I had to make sure that my backup at work was fully up-to-speed on what needed to be done while I was away and she did a great job (along with the other two supervisors working). No big dramas or things to take care of when I got back. Such a relief after the hectic time I have had since starting the Cash Manager position in March. Things are falling into place nicely ;)

So, my company! Courtney got herself a job a couple of months ago and was only able to get 3 weeks off to come out here this summer. She is usually her for the whole summer so that was very disappointing for all of us. But, you have to make due with the time you have right? My Mom and Dad haven't been out for a visit since the summer of 2003 and we haven't been back home since July 2005. They decided that they would drive her out here and stay for a few days to visit as well. YAY!! My Mom managed to talk my sister and her two boys into coming out as well. My sister hates the drive through the mountains so that is really big for her...lol. My two nephews, Derek (12) and Mathew (8), had a great time playing with Patrick (8) and Eric (6).

Everyone arrived here on July 6th and were supposed to leave on the 12th or 13th but ended up staying until the 17th. It was quite the housefull but we had a great visit. Kip took Courtney and Derek to Wakefest the first weekend and Derek really enjoyed it. He usually doesn't get to do stuff like that. They all loved the Sam Roberts concert ;) Of course, the first thing my Dad did was clean up my yard of weeds, etc. What else is new? LOL It was very hot while they were here so we didn't do as much 'touristy' things as we had hoped to. It was close to the second weekend when we finally managed to get down to the beach (Gyro Beach of course!). The kids loved it! Derek and Mathew like that you could walk out so far and only be at your chest. We also rented an aqua bike and paddle boat for a half hour. Patrick didn't want anything to do with that so he stayed on the beach with Mom and Dad. We had a great day :) Lots of food...great food...finally got the bbq up and running so Dad made Drunken Chicken....mmmmm....very good....Patrick loved it. He also made ribs on the bbq and they were awesome. We are going to have to put the ribs on the menu more often :)

Just before they left, I had to take them up to Knox Mountain for a picnic and one of the best views Kelowna has to offer. We stopped at the first lookout and they thought that was as high as we were going....nope! After we took a few pics there, we piled in the car and headed up to the little park for a picnic. The kids had fun playing around on the monkey bars and stuff. Courtney scared the pants off of Rhonda (not hard to do but hillarious!) WATCH OUT FOR THE BEARS!!! Hahahahaha! You had to be there ;) After we were done eating, we headed up to the top lookout. It is a nice little hike to the top and the sun was setting so we got some amazing pics of the west side of the lake looking towards the north. I managed to get a couple of shots of Mom and Dad with the kids and Rhonda took my camera to get shots of Kip and I with the kids (we don't have enough of those). All in all, a great day and a great family visit :) I will post some pics later :)

Chow!

2 comments:

christina said...

cool another blog to read LOL. great post and so happy you had a blast with your family

Donna C said...

Wanita , great to see your blog ! It is always nice to see family arrive and Kelowna is a great place to show off ! Sorry that Courteney couldn't stay the whole summer but unfortunately that is a part of her growing up . Love that somebody actually thought to take a family photo ! And " drunken Chicken " is a whole chicken cooked with an open can of beer inside isn'tt it ! NUMMY !