Monday, August 21, 2006

Update on my world

We have had quite the busy summer...well, I have anyway. This working full-time really cuts into the family and social life (scrapbooking!). I love my job but somedays I wish I were still part-time...lol. I haven't gone to the beach much since our company left but the kids and Kip have gone a few times. I have been taking pics of random things this summer so that I can get used to my new camera (Canon RebelG SLR) but I still really want another digital. Film and developing for the SLR can get pretty expensive even with my work discount...lol.

I developed the pics of Courtney's grad dress and they are amazing....can't believe that I actually took them...lol. She looks so beautiful! All grown up...where did my baby go? :( It will be a long year without her visiting...they boys are already asking when she will be home again. I have started to scrapbook the dress pics as well. I am making a small album (8x8) for myself right now and will eventually have an album done for myself, Courtney, Mom & Dad, and Rhonda. I also have the supplies I need to make a small brag book style album for Mom & Dad and I will be using a lot of pics from when they were here this summer. I managed to get pics of them with the kids (except Jason's girls of course) so that was nice. Mom will have to add a pic of the girls to a page that will be ready.

I am still working on moving my scrap space around. We changed the rooms again so it seems like a never-ending project for me. That is probably why my scrapping mojo is gone....too much clutter and disorganization to be creative...lol. For the last little while I have only been srapping out at Angelique's store but that gives me a chance to get away from work and the house and just relax with friends. Julie and I managed to get away for coffee and dessert one evening so that was great too. I miss the 'girls night out' with Angelique and Julie....going to have to get back into that soon I hope. Julie might start having crops at her place again too so it will be nice to have another place to crop with friends as well as the store.

Kip signed the boys up for tackle football this fall. I was totally against it...you know...the whole "my babies might get hurt" thing. They have their equipment and have started practicing in the backyard and seem to really enjoy it. I don't know if I can watch them in a real game but I will try....I am the official photographer...lol. I will post some pics of the backyard practices as soon as I figure out how.

Catch you later :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

So I guess I had better plan a crop, then, eh? LOL. I'm just not sure who all would come since it has been so long...