Things started going wrong on Friday and really went downhill from there.
Friday....
I received an email from the owner of SMM and she has decided to close her store so no scrapbook Design Team position for me. Not going to say anything more on that one...it's best for all involved.
Saturday....
Work was insane...enough said.
Sunday....
Work was insane again...not enough staff...not enough advertised items...etc. I was so happy when 4pm came around....oh yeah, 415pm had to work an extra 15 minutes b/c I couldn't get in at 730am...had to wait until 745...long story...suffice it to say that I am a very accomodating employee...they best remember that when I ask for a raise! Get home, relax on couch while hubby is making supper on the BBQ...fall asleep for half an hour. Wake up with the freakin' flu! No, not N1H1...just the good ole' seasonal flu.
Monday....
Day off....still sick.
Tuesday....
Day off....still sick....now Patrick is home from school....Mommy's little caregiver is sick too :(
Wednesday....
Supposed to work but took day off to recouperate from being sick. Almost feeling back to normal...still light-headed from not eating for two days. Patrick is still home sick. Surprisingly, Eric is just fine (crap, knock on wood!...yes, I know, I'm not superstitious but if it keeps him from puking, I'll go with it!)
Anyway, there were a few comedic highlights throughout the sickness and chaos. Courtney was trying to be a loving daughter and although she wouldn't come over and make me jello....she made some at her place and sent it over with her boyfriend...before the jello was set. Can you see where this is going? I did end up with about a quarter of a cup of it...sorry about the mess in your car JB...next time just bring Courtney over...I really did appreciate the gesture :)
And here's a snippet from a convo with Eric and DH from Tuesday night:
Eric: Oh, gross! Patrick just puked!
DH: So don't look at it.
Eric: OMG! That is so gross! You can tell what he ate!
DH: Well, quit looking at it!
Eric: Dude, that is so gross! Look at it! You're gonna make me puke!
DH: QUIT LOOKING AT IT!!! (in his best Hank Hill impersonation: "That boy ain't right")
Yup, that's my Mother's Day weekend in a nutshell...or walnut shell...lol.
Thanks to DH and the boys for the Michael's gift certificate...love you!
1 comment:
Oh geez, I'm sorry you've been feeling bad and the DT didn't pan out! I hope you're feeling better and that story with Eric and your DH is awesome! lol
Post a Comment