Friday, May 29, 2009

Where did May go?

I can't believe there are only TWO days left in May! Where did the month go? Or the last six months....can't believe we are half way through the year! A friend of mine put a Christmas countdown on Facebook the other day...WTH?! We have had a dreary and unusually cold Spring so maybe that is why it doesn't seem like it should be June yet.

So.....what has been going on the past two weeks?

MIL has had her surgery to remove the tumor in her colon. The surgery went really well...she went in on the 21st and came home on the 27th. We don't know the status of the cancer or if she will need further treatment yet. She feels fine but then again she didn't have any symptoms before....just found it through routine testing. One of DH's sisters will be here on June 10th and spend a week so that should lift her spirits a bit and be a nice change in conversation for us all ;)

Randi (step-DD) was here with her boyfriend, Jeff, on the 21st. Kip had a good visit with them while the boys were at school and I was at work. I'm really happy that they got to spend some quality time together as we never get that! Although the menu didn't go as planned (I was at work and DH was in charge of starting supper) it was really good.....mmmmmm BBQ steak! I also managed to get some really good photos of DH with the kids so I can update some frames and get copies for the family. After supper, Courtney and I took Randi up to the hospital to see Grannie and then we all went to play Laser Tag. Courtney and I hadn't planned on playing but they already had us signed up and paid for when we stopped to drop Randi off after the hospital. It was actually quite fun and Courtney and her boyfriend, John, took the boys back the next night when they were babysitting.

We had a little accident with one of the friends playing backyard football. His hand went through both panes of the basement window and he suffered a pretty deep gash to the back of his hand. We called his Dad with the option to meet us at the ER or pick him up (he chose to pick him up). Do I need to say how totally freaked out I was! I just got home 5 minutes before and man am I glad I did! Not something I want to experience again with my kids or anyone else's. I kept apologizing to the Dad and was a basket case until we heard how he was doing. The Dad kept telling me it was fine and reminded me he was bitten in the eye by a friends dog....whatever....Dad hadn't seen the cut yet! Turns out he got 10 stitches and severed a tendon. He has a splint to protect it and help it heal but they expect him to make a full recovery.

On to the good stuff! The "scrappy" stuff! I still haven't had a chance to play with the goodies I commented on in my last post and I received more scrappy mail. This time it was my May kits from LPS!!! Yippeeeeee!!! They are awesome! I purchased the Alternate and the Project kits. I am going to dive into these later today and make the double page layout for the May contest. (Note: stupid Blogger won't let me insert the link for the kits so if you want to drool over them too just check out the "Life Preservers" link to the left). There was also an extra surprise in the box! Sharon S gave Von my RAK goodies from a past crop challenge that I had participated in. It's like she has a window into my mind because everything was just perfect! Love it all! Which also reminds me that I have two little piles of goodies to send out to the wonderful ladies that won MY challenge....sorry...there is no excuse for not mailing these out yet. They will be postal this weekend!!!!

So....wow this is a long post. I really should update more often and then it won't take an entire cup of coffee to read! Kudos to you if you made it to the end ;)

Later gator!

3 comments:

Laura-Lee said...

Wow that is a very scarey accident...on the mend now?

Wanita said...

Yes, he's on the mend.

Joyce said...

omw..May just flew by for me too